Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Monday, April 24, 2006

FINE. I'M GOING TO POST ABOUT THIS BOOK SINCE NO ONE ELSE WILL!!!

Sorry about that little outburst. Anyways, I'm not sure what specific parts of the book I'm posting about, so you may not want to continue if you have yet to read Fear & Loathing.

Well... personally - and this is only my own humble opinion - I thought this book was fantastic - funny, witty, charming... just kidding. That would be funny, witty, and in a state of chemically induced calamity. Honestly. It was pure chaos. I mean; they ripped off so many people, they infiltrated a conventon for cops - on narcotics, no less - and they took turns ingesting every imaginable substance capable of producing hallucination, violence, laughter, highs, lows... the list goes on and on. Drugs or no, it had to take serious balls (or a mind gone mad) to pull off some of those stunts.

On a slightly different note, I must say that I really enjoyed Thompson's writing style. It was very fast paced, which was a nice change given that a lot of the books I've attempted lately have been quite slow. Just when I thought he would go into depth on a particular topic, the book shifted gears and did a complete turnaround. Love, love, loved it.

So that's the short version of my thoughts on the book... I hope that you all will say something so that this blog can turn into what it's supposed to be - a disscussion about Fear and Loathing.

Did anyone else go to the Bob Dylan show Saturday? In a word: phenomenal.

Peace and Love

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Phasma said...

The 70's are good... but I would have loved to experiance the 60's and the 80's. Mmmm... you know what I wish? I wish things were more exciting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home